The Revelation of Quran to the Prophet (saw) between 610-632

The Revelation of Quran to the Prophet (saw) between 610-632

Q         Write an account of the ways in which the Quran was revealed to the Prophet (saw) between the years 610 and 632.                                           [10-N-09]

In 610, the holy prophet (saw) was forty years old when the first revelation of Sura Al Alaq was brought to him by Jibreel (as) in the cave of Hira. Soon, he started receiving more revelations. For the first three years he preached those who were close to him. Khadija (ra), ten blessed companions and some other companions became Muslim during this time. After three years, he was commanded to preach openly. The pagans of Makkah opposed him. This continued for ten years and in 622 he migrated to Madina.

The Suras revealed in Makkah are called Makki Suras. These Suras are short. They emphasize on believing in one Allah, not worshipping false gods. They emphasize in believing in the Hereafter and following the way of God in this world. The language of these suras is very powerful and impressive and a master piece of Arabic language. They also tell the stories of nations which were destroyed for their disobedience.

In 622, the Prophet (saw) migrated to Madina. He immediately established an Islamic state there. His dealing was with the two Muslim tribes of Madina, the Aus and the Khazraj. Jews were also living in Madina. Hypocrites were the people who accepted Islam apparently but in reality, they were the enemies of Islam. Pagans of Makkah also wanted to eliminate Islam and he was also dealing with the pagans of Arabia. In some parts of Arabia, Christians were also living.

The Suras revealed in Madina are long. They emphasize on the social laws of Islam in order to establish an Islamic society. They also talked about worships like prayers. They also teach how to deal with the Jews and the hypocrites. They also gave instructions on laws on wars with the pagans and other enemies.

Three months before the death of the Prophet (saw), revelations almost stopped. The Quran was complete. The companions of the prophet (saw) remembered the Quran. There were many companions who had the whole Quran in their memory. The prophet (saw) also emphasized in writing the Quran. It was dictated by the Prophet (saw) himself. The writers are called scribes. They used to write on skins, bones and other writing materials available at that time. The Quran was remembered in the sequence as it was directed by the Prophet (saw). The sequence was set by the Prophet (saw) who received directions from Jibril (as). For example the first revelation, Sura Al Alaq is at the end of the Quran, and Al Baqarah, revealed in Madina, is in the beginning of the Quran.    

When the Prophet (sw) started receiving revelations, he was very upset. He he came back from the cave of hira, he was frightened. When he saw Jibril (as) in his original huge form, he was again frightened but gradually, he got his confidance and he started receiving revelations confidently. In the beginning, he used to repeat words of quran along with Jibreel (as) in order to remember words but Allah told him that he does not need to repeat words as Allah will make him remember words. Since that time, the revelations would become a part of his memory without any problem.

The time of revelation used to be a tough time for the Prophet (sw). The toughest revelations were the ones when the revelation would come like a ringing bell. Aisha (ra) says that even in winters, the Prophet (sw) used to sweat during receiving revelation. She also says that if the revelation would come when he was travelling, his camel could not move until Jibreel (as) would go back. Once the prophet (sw) was sitting with his companions, his leg was on top of the leg of another companion when he received revelation. The companion narrates that he felt as if his leg would be broken into pieces. However, the revelations were a time of great joy and satisfaction for him. They were not like fits or any other sick condition. 


Comments

  1. two times He he in lane 30

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helped alot..:) appreciated content

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it also helped me to do my home work
      proud to be a muslim :)

      Delete
  4. Outline Prophet Mohammad (PBUH)’s relations with Jews and Hypocrites in Madinah.
    sir iska anwer bata de for 10 marks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this u have to write all such events of holy prophet with jews e.g charter of madinah, expulsion of banu qainuqa, expulsion of banu nadeer and the expedition of khyber

      Delete
    2. and what about the hypocrites?

      Delete
  5. Informative
    Excellent work done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really informative Good sir Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tomorrow is my paper. Appreciate the help

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great but i read it today yesterday was my paper ...i wish i could've read it before cause this is the same question that came in the exam ...though i attempted it great but i should've read it once 🙃🙂

    ReplyDelete
  9. It helped me to done my Islamiyat work

    ReplyDelete
  10. you didn't write references, otherwise thnx it helped a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aoa, how did you learn Surahs? Like I want to divide Surahs and learn the same explaination for some Surahs. Is there a possibility you can give me some kinds of notes or tell me a way to learn Surahs in a easy way? My email is aunmuhammadmalik51214@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. Thanks a lot Sir. this helped me in my work. I appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks alot this helped me alot not only in Islamiat homework but also in O levels studies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Revelation now I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got full marks in my test... I was wondering how,, Then I remembered that this page really helped me a lot. THANKS 😍👌

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an excellent answer. This answer will help me get good marks in exams...

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have missed major parts of revelation in this answer such as surah anfaal was revealed and surah kausar was revealed etc

    ReplyDelete
  17. My teacher says its a good answer but there are no references

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please tell me if this passage is in sequence? I really want to know as my islamiyat paper will be held on Monday, hope u understand?

      Delete
  18. This consists of more than 4000 words, who is stupid to write all of that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. such a dumb ass person you are (This consists of more than 4000 words, who is stupid to write all of that!) ::::: it contain 659 words 😤
      😠
      😡
      🤬

      Delete
  19. CONTACT Mr Patrick Williams call +2349068893712 or WhatsApp him through this number +2349068893712 or email: patrickwilliam6661@gmail.com, Hello everyone My name is Steve Jordan am from California i am here to give a testimony on how I join the illuminati brotherhood, I was trying to join this organization for so many years now,I was scammed by fake agent in south Africa and Nigeria,I was down,I could not feed my self and my family anymore and I tried to make money by all miss but all invail, I was afraid to contact any illuminati agent because they have eat my money,One day I come across a post of someone giving a testimony, thanking a man called Patrick Williams of being helping him to join the illuminati brotherhood, then I look at the man email and the phone number that was written there, it was a nigeria number I was afraid to contact him because a nigerian agent eat my $6000 and go away with the money then I was very tired, confused and I decided to contact the person that was given the testimony and i called him and I communicated with him on phone calls before he started telling me his own story about when he wanted to join, he told me everything to do, then I made up my mind and called the agent called Mr Patrick Williams and he told me everything to do, and I was initiated, surprisely I was given my benefit of being a new member of the great illuminati brotherhood I was so happy, For those of you trying to join this organization this is your opportunity for you to join CONTACT MR Patrick Williams call +2349068893712 or WhatsApp him +2349068893712or email: patrickwilliam6661@gmail.com.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Events of the battle of Badr

Early life of Prophet (sw) until first revelation